As Mother’s Day draws near, the focus turns toward mothers, as well it should. While I know that not every mother is good, I also know that good mothers are worthy of our thanks and praise. Although thanks and praise should be a normal part of a good mother’s life, the sad truth is that a mother’s love often gets taken for granted and overlooked. Mothers can easily become exhausted and feel unseen and undervalued.
That’s why I’m glad we have a day dedicated to a mother’s love.
It prompts us to take at least one day a year to express appreciation for what we’ve been given in and by mothers.
The question remains what form of expression we’ll choose to express our gratitude. Every woman is different. There’s not one perfect gift for every mom, but many moms appreciate personalized jewelry or other pieces that have special meaning. Even something as simple as giving her a card with your loving thoughts shared inside can mean the world to your mom.
Although it’s too late to buy a gift from Fabled Treasures for this Mother’s Day, it’s not too late for me to share with you some quotes that may reflect your heart.
- A mother’s love makes a house a home. – adapted from Helen Steiner Rice
- A good mother is irreplaceable. ~ Adriana Trigiani
- A mother’s love is like nothing else in the world. ~ Agatha Christie
- Mothers are the ones who love you unconditionally. ~ Jodi Picoult
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness. ~ Victor Hugo
- A mother is the truest friend we have. ~ Washington Irving
- No man is poor who has a godly mother. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation. ~ Robert A. Heinlein
- It takes courage to raise children. ~ John Steinbeck
- If love is sweet as a flower, my mother is that sweet flower of love. ~ Stevie Wonder
What phrase best fits your feelings toward your mom?